121301 Orientalism Art
121301 Orientalism Art
Artist: Jean Joseph Benjamin Constant
Product ID: 121301
High standard prints on artist-grade 100% cotton canvas
We print to scale and no cropping or alteration is done
FREE shipping, NO extras, and NO surprises at checkout!
No PayPal account? No problem! You can still checkout with PayPal as a GUEST using your credit or debit card.Go ahead
Before you buy, please click to see IMPORTANT notes about your order:
Before you buy, please click to see IMPORTANT notes about your order:
1. The watermark (www.wall-art-gallery.com) which appears on the left-side image will not print on the finished canvas.
2. We ship in 3-5 business days, and it typically arrives within 21 days at the most.
3. No P.O. box address, please. Shipments must be made to a physical street address along with your phone number as requested by the express carrier.
4. As shipping cost is calculated by volumetric weight, we believe that is more cost-effective for you to order just the art print (rolled canvas) and have your canvas stretched locally. If you cannot, then we are pleased to do it for you.
5. International orders might be subject to import duties and taxes, such as VAT and others, assessed by your country’s authorized departments, and are due upon delivery or could be added right now by your card issuer/bank. In any case, however, it is neither determined nor collected by wall-art-gallery.com.
6. Unstretched canvas will be finished with an additional 2.5cm (1") blank border on each side for stretching and framing locally. If you prefer to have a black border instead of an image wrap border, you can use black fabric tape to finish the sides.
7. Unstretched canvas will be covered with a protective wrap and rolled inside a secured mailing plastic or cardboard tube. For small sizes, however, less than 20” inches (50 cm), the canvas might be shipped flat between two protection sheets, inside a tight cardboard or bubbled mailing envelope.
8. Stretched canvas will be wrapped around 0.75” or 1.5” thick (based on canvas size) wooden stretcher bars to end up with a “gallery wrap” border, which is the highest professional grade of wrapping. The canvas then gets covered with a protective wrap, placed inside a tight cardboard box, and then shipped to you with all the hanging kits, ready to hang.
Get to know more about this artwork and buy with confidence!
About The Artist: Jean Joseph Benjamin Constant
Jean-Joseph-Benjamin Constant, French (1845-1902)
Jean-Joseph Benjamin-Constant (also known as Benjamin Constant), born Jean-Joseph Constant, was a French painter and etcher best known for his Oriental subjects and portraits.
Benjamin-Constant was born in Paris. He studied at the Ecole des Beaux-Arts in Toulouse, where he was a pupil of Alexandre Cabanel. A journey to Morocco in 1872 strongly influenced his early artistic development and lead him to produce Romantic scenes under the spell of Orientalism. Among his noted works in this vein are Last Rebels, Justice in the Harem (both in the Luxembourg Gallery), Les Chérifas, and Moroccan Prisoners (Bordeaux). His large canvas, The Entrance of Mahomet II into Constantinople (Musée des Augustins Toulouse), received a medal in 1876.
After 1880, he changed his manner, devoting himself to mural decorations and to portraits. Prominent examples include the great plafond in the Hôtel de Ville, Paris, entitled Paris Convening the World; his paintings in the New Sorbonne, representing Literature, The Sciences, and the Academy of Paris; and the plafond of the Opéra Comique theatre. He was distinguished as a portrait painter, especially in England, where he was a favorite of the aristocracy. His portrait Mons fils André (Luxembourg) was awarded a medal of honor at the Salon in 1896.
Benjamin-Constant painted Pope Leo XIII, Queen Alexandra of the United Kingdom (1901), Lord John Lumley-Savile, and Henri Blowitz (1902). He was made a member of the institute in 1893, and was a commander of the Legion of Honor. He visited the United States several times, and painted a number of portraits. The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York exhibited a large painting by Benjamin-Constant entitled Justinian in Council. The painting was returned by the Metropolitan to the owners family in 1928. It was purchased by John Ringling in 1929 and is currently on exhibit in the Ringling Museum in Sarasota
Benjamin-Constant also taught at Académie Julian; among his pupils was the miniaturist Alice Beckington and the Scottish artist W. S. Shanks. He was a writer of repute, contributing a number of studies on contemporary French painters. Along with fellow artists, Nasreddine Dinet, Paul Leroy, Jean-Léon Gérôme and curator/ art historian, Léonce Bénédite, he was one of the founders of the Société des Peintres Orientalistes Français.
Money Back Guarantee (Return Policy):
We work hard to ensure that you get your art print in perfect conditions. If you are not happy with your purchase, for any reason, you can return it back to us for a refund. All what we ask is that you email us within seven (7) days of receipt of your art print that you wish to return your order. As soon as we receive your notice we will contact you to give you the return address along with all the information you require to mail the art print back to us for a refund.
We regret however for not accepting return of an art print that has been stretched, cropped, not in good condition or altered somehow after purchase.
To ensure that we will receive the returned art print, a traceable door-to-door courier must be used. We regretfully do not reimburse the return shipping charges UNLESS the return is due to a defect in quality or was damaged during transportation.
In such a case, where your order has arrived in unsatisfactory conditions, please take at the same date of receipt digital photos of your damaged product along with the shipping container (the box, tube, envelop, etc...) and send us the photos by email. Once we confirm your claim we will contact you to give you the return address along with the information you require to return the art print to us (FREE return) for a refund or replacement.
Best Price Guarantee (110% Price Match):
110% PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE
We at wall-art-gallery.com take pride in offering the lowest prices and best service available in our industry. We are confident that our prices are hard to compete. But even though, let us assume that it happened!
If you find the same item at the same conditions for a lower price anywhere online, we will beat it and heap on an extra 10% off your purchase. For example, if our price is $100 and the competitor’s price is $90, we will match the $90 and provide an additional $10 off (10% of the $100 price difference), meaning that we will refund a total of $20.
We want you to rest assured that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you order.
WE ALSO PRICE MATCH OURSELVES!
If you find that our own website has a lower price for the same item you have ordered within six months of your purchase date (but not under promotional offers or special discounts) we will refund the difference as well.
Prior to requesting our price match policy, please make sure that the following terms apply:
* The 110% price match guarantee is valid up to 15 days after the date of your purchase,
* The 110% price match applies to the final product price including taxes and shipping charges,
* The artwork must be in stock on the competitor’s website and for sale online,
* The lower price must be valid and verifiable online at the time you request a price match,
* The product must be identical in brand name, size, weight and quantity,
* The product must be under money back guarantee,
* The artwork is printed on premium 100% cotton canvas, not on polyester or mixed texture,
* The competitor’s website is not a discounter or auction website (ie; ebay, overstock, etc..)
Promotional offers such as limited time offers, bundle offers, rebates, coupons, special discounts, refurbished items, used items, clearance, close out, buy one get one free and the like, are not eligible for price matching
If you believe your item qualifies, please contact us with the following attachments, and we’ll process the credit accordingly:
* The competitor’s product page URL link,
* Screenshot of the product,
* Screenshot of the product page from the competitor’s web site with the final price and full product details visible,
This artwork is in public domain in its country of origin and other countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 70 years or less. If you’re a copyright owner of this artwork, or his/her legal representative, and you don’t agree that this artwork is public domain, please contact us.
Legal Notice (Disclaimer):
The colors of the printing material, as well as the imprint might differ somewhat from the image on your device's monitor. Depending on the settings of your screen and the nature of the surface, not all colors will be printed as realistically as the digital version.
Furthermore, some pigments of the print products, as well as the printing may diverge somewhat from the representation on the device's screen.
Unlike almost all our competitors, and in spite of its cost impact, we go on printing to scale maintaining the proportions of the original painting as the Artist wanted it to be. In some cases however there might be around plus/minus ±1% tolerance in average, and maximum ±5% in very, very few cases.