180211 Still Life Art
180211 Still Life Art
Artist: Jan Davidsz de Heem
Product ID: 180211
High standard prints on artist-grade 100% cotton canvas
We print to scale and no cropping or alteration is done
FREE shipping, NO extras, and NO surprises at checkout!
No PayPal account? No problem! You can still checkout with PayPal as a GUEST using your credit or debit card.Go ahead
Before you buy, please click to see IMPORTANT notes about your order:
Before you buy, please click to see IMPORTANT notes about your order:
1. The watermark (www.wall-art-gallery.com) which appears on the left-side image will not print on the finished canvas.
2. We ship in 3-5 business days, and it typically arrives within 21 days at the most.
3. No P.O. box address, please. Shipments must be made to a physical street address along with your phone number as requested by the express carrier.
4. As shipping cost is calculated by volumetric weight, we believe that is more cost-effective for you to order just the art print (rolled canvas) and have your canvas stretched locally. If you cannot, then we are pleased to do it for you.
5. International orders might be subject to import duties and taxes, such as VAT and others, assessed by your country’s authorized departments, and are due upon delivery or could be added right now by your card issuer/bank. In any case, however, it is neither determined nor collected by wall-art-gallery.com.
6. Unstretched canvas will be finished with an additional 2.5cm (1") blank border on each side for stretching and framing locally. If you prefer to have a black border instead of an image wrap border, you can use black fabric tape to finish the sides.
7. Unstretched canvas will be covered with a protective wrap and rolled inside a secured mailing plastic or cardboard tube. For small sizes, however, less than 20” inches (50 cm), the canvas might be shipped flat between two protection sheets, inside a tight cardboard or bubbled mailing envelope.
8. Stretched canvas will be wrapped around 0.75” or 1.5” thick (based on canvas size) wooden stretcher bars to end up with a “gallery wrap” border, which is the highest professional grade of wrapping. The canvas then gets covered with a protective wrap, placed inside a tight cardboard box, and then shipped to you with all the hanging kits, ready to hang.
Get to know more about this artwork and buy with confidence!
About The Artist: Jan Davidsz de Heem
Jan Davidsz de Heem, Dutch (1606-1684)
Jan Davidsz. de Heem or in-full Jan Davidszoon de Heem, also called Johannes de Heem or Johannes van Antwerpen or Jan Davidsz de Hem, was a still life painter who was active in Utrecht and Antwerp. He is a major representative of that genre in both Dutch and Flemish Baroque painting.
De Heem was born in Utrecht as Johannes van Antwerpen. He studied first under his father David de Heem the Elder (1570–1631), then under Balthasar van der Ast. He lived in Leiden from about 1625 to 1629, where he studied in 1629 under David Bailly (1584- c. 1657).
He moved to the Southern Netherlands and joined the Guild of Saint Luke of Antwerp in 1635 or 1636 and became a burgher of that city in 1637. However he was often absent, as attested by the duties he had to pay for this. His remarkable talent gained him a considerable reputation. He could hardly satisfy the demand. De Heem was considered one of the greatest painters of his time. He was well paid and a portrait of Prince William III surrounded by a cartouche of flowers and fruit was sold for 2000 guilders, one of the highest prices ever paid for a painting during the Dutch Golden Age. His sons worked together with him in his workshop on the commissions for new paintings. He retouched their work and put his signature on the paintings.
He remained in Antwerp until 1667, when he moved back to Utrecht, where records trace his presence from 1668 to 1671. He left Utrecht in 1671 when French troops were approaching the city. It is not known when he finally returned to Antwerp, but his death there is recorded in the guild books.
Van Heem married twice, first with Alette van Weede with whom he had three surviving children on her death in 1643, one of which, Cornelis, would become a still life painter. He married a second time in 1644 with Anna Catherina Ruckers with whom he had six more children, one of whom was Jan who would also become a still life painter.
Apart from his two sons, he had several apprentices: Michiel Verstylen, Alexander Coosemans, Thomas de Klerck, Lenaert Rougghe, Theodor Aenvanck, Andries Benedetti, Elias van den Broeck, Jacob Marrel, Hendrik Schoock and Abraham Mignon.
De Heem was one of the greatest painters of still lifes in the Netherlands, combining a brilliance and harmony of colour along with an accurate rendering of objects: flowers, in all their variety; European and tropical fruits; lobsters and oysters; butterflies and moths; stone and metal; snails and sea shells.
His still lifes included fruit pieces, vanitas still lifes and flower pieces, but he is best known for his ornate or sumptuous still lifes, the so-called 'pronkstillevens'. Some of his works are displays of abundance; others, only a festoon or a nosegay.
Often he would convey a moral or illustrate a motto: a snake lying coiled under grass; a skull on plants in bloom. Gold and silver cups or tankards are suggestive of the vanity of earthly possessions. Salvation is seen allegorically as a chalice amid blossoms, and death as a crucifix in a wreath. Sometimes de Heem painted, alone or with others, Madonnas or portraits in garlands of fruit or flowers.
His signature varied: his initials (J. De Heem f.), or Johannes (IOANNES DE HEEM F.), or his father's name adjoined to his own (J. D. De Heem f.). Occasionally he provided a date (such as A. i65i), especially with his best work.
Money Back Guarantee (Return Policy):
We work hard to ensure that you get your art print in perfect conditions. If you are not happy with your purchase, for any reason, you can return it back to us for a refund. All what we ask is that you email us within seven (7) days of receipt of your art print that you wish to return your order. As soon as we receive your notice we will contact you to give you the return address along with all the information you require to mail the art print back to us for a refund.
We regret however for not accepting return of an art print that has been stretched, cropped, not in good condition or altered somehow after purchase.
To ensure that we will receive the returned art print, a traceable door-to-door courier must be used. We regretfully do not reimburse the return shipping charges UNLESS the return is due to a defect in quality or was damaged during transportation.
In such a case, where your order has arrived in unsatisfactory conditions, please take at the same date of receipt digital photos of your damaged product along with the shipping container (the box, tube, envelop, etc...) and send us the photos by email. Once we confirm your claim we will contact you to give you the return address along with the information you require to return the art print to us (FREE return) for a refund or replacement.
Best Price Guarantee (110% Price Match):
110% PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE
We at wall-art-gallery.com take pride in offering the lowest prices and best service available in our industry. We are confident that our prices are hard to compete. But even though, let us assume that it happened!
If you find the same item at the same conditions for a lower price anywhere online, we will beat it and heap on an extra 10% off your purchase. For example, if our price is $100 and the competitor’s price is $90, we will match the $90 and provide an additional $10 off (10% of the $100 price difference), meaning that we will refund a total of $20.
We want you to rest assured that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you order.
WE ALSO PRICE MATCH OURSELVES!
If you find that our own website has a lower price for the same item you have ordered within six months of your purchase date (but not under promotional offers or special discounts) we will refund the difference as well.
Prior to requesting our price match policy, please make sure that the following terms apply:
* The 110% price match guarantee is valid up to 15 days after the date of your purchase,
* The 110% price match applies to the final product price including taxes and shipping charges,
* The artwork must be in stock on the competitor’s website and for sale online,
* The lower price must be valid and verifiable online at the time you request a price match,
* The product must be identical in brand name, size, weight and quantity,
* The product must be under money back guarantee,
* The artwork is printed on premium 100% cotton canvas, not on polyester or mixed texture,
* The competitor’s website is not a discounter or auction website (ie; ebay, overstock, etc..)
Promotional offers such as limited time offers, bundle offers, rebates, coupons, special discounts, refurbished items, used items, clearance, close out, buy one get one free and the like, are not eligible for price matching
If you believe your item qualifies, please contact us with the following attachments, and we’ll process the credit accordingly:
* The competitor’s product page URL link,
* Screenshot of the product,
* Screenshot of the product page from the competitor’s web site with the final price and full product details visible,
This artwork is in public domain in its country of origin and other countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 70 years or less. If you’re a copyright owner of this artwork, or his/her legal representative, and you don’t agree that this artwork is public domain, please contact us.
Legal Notice (Disclaimer):
The colors of the printing material, as well as the imprint might differ somewhat from the image on your device's monitor. Depending on the settings of your screen and the nature of the surface, not all colors will be printed as realistically as the digital version.
Furthermore, some pigments of the print products, as well as the printing may diverge somewhat from the representation on the device's screen.
Unlike almost all our competitors, and in spite of its cost impact, we go on printing to scale maintaining the proportions of the original painting as the Artist wanted it to be. In some cases however there might be around plus/minus ±1% tolerance in average, and maximum ±5% in very, very few cases.